Saturday, January 28, 2023

Home is Where the Heart (and the Food) Is...

 I live in a two bedroom condo in the suburbs of South East Michigan.  I moved here at the end of February, 2020, after having lived in a smaller two story condo for the previous 12 years.  

It was important to me to have at least two bedrooms and a basement so that I could have room for myself, a future child, and all of the crafts and fun stuff I like to do, so I took my time looking and wound up here, in a condo that's about a quarter mile from my parents.  I'm less than a mile from the elementary and middle schools, there are parks and pools nearby, and my neighbors are wonderful.

In 2021, my parents and I finished my basement.  We added insulation and framing, and divided it up to add an future play room, craft room, storage room, tool room, bathroom, and an open area.  (One of the things I loved about my childhood was that Mom and Dad gave my brother and I space in the basement to have a playroom, so it was important that I do the same for my future kiddo.)  


Mom and Dad are very handy, and have taught me how to do a lot of the work myself.  They are both very proud that I am able to use a saw and a pneumatic nail gun.  Mom's still better with the saw, but I have her beat on the nail gun- it's heavy!

It took about two months of working nights and weekends to finish it off enough that I could move my office down there and really start using the space.  

The most important part of that was it meant I could move my office to the basement and turn my guest bedroom/office into... the baby's room!

Now all I need is a baby. :)

If you are interested in talking, please check out my "Official Bio".  At the bottom of the page is a way to contact me without either of us providing too much info unless and until we're ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What You Want to Know (Part Four)

 Can You Support and Care For a Child?  I know that kids are (really) expensive.  I've spent some serious time doing math and trying to ...